Salary Grade: 16
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the day-to-day administrative activities of the office, to include managing the Provost and Executive Vice President’s calendar and implementation of effective internal operating policies procedures.
2. Serves as the initial contact on behalf of the Provost and Executive Vice President to internal and external constituency groups, including political officials, Alumni, IHL board members and staff, external boards, universities, programs, and the like.
3. Position has an impact to student recruitment through interaction with potential and current students and their parents.
4. Provides strategic guidance on all matters related to the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President to ensure the Provost and Executive Vice President is apprised and prepared for short- and long-term agendas and plans.
5. Handles confidential information at the highest level.
6. Advises on issues of direct concern to the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President to determine appropriate action and/or response.
7. Coordinates Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President sponsored events. Responsible for management of budget for each event.
8. Coordinates academic and administrative searches for the Provost and Executive Vice President.
9. Provides assistance in the understanding and interpretation of university policies and procedures, as appropriate, and ensures that operations are in compliance with policy provisions and standards.
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: All administrative support staff.
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline with at least 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Work experience at a similar executive level.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
2. Knowledge of the goals, objectives, structure and operations of Mississippi State University.
3. Ability to create, compose, and edit correspondence and other written materials.
4. Knowledge of institutional policies and procedures.
5. Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
7. Strategic planning skills.
8. Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
9. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
All inquiries should be addressed to Sandy Williamson (email@example.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.