Food Sci Nutrition Hlth Promo
The Program Coordinator is responsible for organizing community programs, activities and special events; facilitating health and wellness workshops and trainings. Creating and maintaining data management systems.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Department of Food Science, Nutrition, and Health Promotion (FSNHP) at MSU offers an undergraduate degree with concentrations in nutrition, food science, and culinology; the Master of Science degree in the three concentrations of Nutrition, Food Science, and Health Promotion; and the Doctor of Philosophy degree in Nutrition and Food Science concentrations. Both the department and MSU focus strongly on preparing graduates to excel in their chosen professions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the development and implementation of strategies that foster community development related to health and nutrition.
2. Build coalitions with organizations and communities in targeted counties. Initiate programs and activities that are aimed at creating an inclusive environment and fostering a climate that respects the uniqueness of all members.
3. Assist with event planning, budget management, collaboration efforts, leadership development, etc.
4. Coordinate initiatives and programs that foster understanding of obesity related strategies.
5. Serve as a resource and technical assistance to extension offices and communities as it relates to focus areas.
6. Create an aesthetically welcoming and embracing community for students at the University.
7. Assist with special projects related to other aspects of community development.
8. Assist the management team in administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
BA/BS in Nutrition/Health Promotion. or
Built environments. or
Minimum 3 years experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Microsoft Suite-- Advanced
• Data Management
• Outlook Calendar
• Doodle Poll
• Interpersonal skills a must
• Willing to travel
• Work well with team
• Be responsive and accepting of varying views and ideas
• Value diversity
• Be positive, engaging and enthusiastic to all faculty, staff and internal and external stakeholders
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Ability to occasionally work long hours on evenings and weekends. No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility. Meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position. Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Attach a cover letter, resume and submit unofficial transcripts. Please remove any social security numbers included on requested transcripts prior to online submission.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.