Work with the Head Athletic Trainer to supervise and provide athletic training coverage for Football. Perform other duties assigned by Senior Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine and Performance and Head Athletic Trainer. Must be a BOC Certified Athletic Trainer and be able to be licensed by the State of Mississippi.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with the athletic training needs for football. Care and management of injuries and illnesses including: prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation.
2. Assist in the day-to-day operations of the athletic training room. Ensure proper use of equipment and facilities by student-athletes, including adherence to athletic training room time schedules and proper operating procedures.
3. Assist the Head Athletic Trainer and the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine and Performance with the prevention and care of student-athlete injuries and illnesses.
a. Maintain computerized health/injury records on supervised student-athletes.
b. Serve as liaison between student-athletes and the team physician. This includes ensuring compliance with team physician instructions.
4. Obtain required continuing education requirements to fulfill state and BOC certification maintenance.
5. Ability to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team with the strength and conditioning, sports nutrition, and sport psychology/counseling staffs.
Bachelor's degree in related field with two (2) years of experience in Professional/Collegiate Division I athletic program as a certified athletic trainer.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Master's degree or experience beyond the minimum.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of certain fundamental concepts.
2. Ability to work long and irregular hours.
3. Ability to travel.
4. Ability to work in extreme weather temperatures.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Requires handling of heavy weight objects up to 100 lbs. on a regular basis and on occasion up to 150 lbs.
Instructions for Applying:
Attach cover letter and Resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.