Mississippi State University seeks a dynamic, experienced professional to join our recently reorganized Human Resources Management department. This is a unique opportunity to contribute, grow, and add value as we transform to a strategic partner with our community.
With over 22,000 students and 4,600 faculty and staff, MSU is located in Starkville, MS.
Mississippi State University represents the highest level of research activity for doctorate-granting institutions and is designated by the Carnegie Foundation as an R1-Very High Research Activity University. Also, a National Science Foundation “Top 100” research University, MSU shelters a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest and most prestigious honor society, and values the talents of our distinguished faculty, staff, and student scholars. Here, a culture of inclusion is fostered and we’re driven each day to make a difference at the local, state, regional, national and global levels. At Mississippi State University, we invite you to join us as we continue our momentum in research, teaching, and service.
Human Resources Management
This position is an integral part of the Learning and Organizational Development initiatives including, but not limited to, curriculum development, organizational needs assessment, leadership development, teambuilding, facilitation of professional development opportunities, as well as coordination of various workshops.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identifies development initiatives for employees, teams, and overall institution via needs assessment, gap analysis, cultural assessments, focus group facilitation, and engagement surveys.
2. Partners with internal and external subject matter experts (SMEs) to curate content for training programs and resources while ensuring talent programs meet learner needs.
3. Collaborates with Human Resources and stakeholders to identify most appropriate solution options.
4. Delivers and/or facilitates employee learning and development sessions for employees.
5. Oversees the learning management system (LMS) by scheduling and coordinating courses with instructors and attendees.
6. Administers New Employee Orientation to include scheduling, coordinating, facilitating, and evaluating the program.
7. Oversees the University’s Service Recognition program by managing the employee award selection process and distribution of awards.
8. Develops and produces learning and development reports and maintains records.
9. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Reports to the Learning and Organizational Development Manager
1. Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Instructional Technology, Human Resources, Education, or appropriate discipline.
2. Two years experience in Learning and Organizational development, to include Instruction Technology design and application and adult learning theory.
An equivalent combination of related education and related experience may be considered for this position.
1. PHR/SPHR Certification or APTD/CPTD (CPLP) Certification
2. Master’s degree in Organizational Development, Instructional Technology, Human Resources, Education, or appropriate discipline.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of learning and development principles and best practices, including instructional design and adult learning theory.
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Organizing and managing projects, and prepare a written plan with objective, actions, milestones, budgets, timeliness, success measures and evaluation methods.
4. Supports a collaborative work environment to ensure the best results and working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
5. Actively seeks opportunities to influence, build effective relationships, and gain alignment with peers and functional partners to accomplish objectives.
6. Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies to deliver products and services.
7. Ability to research, gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
• Job frequently requires sitting, talking, and hearing.
• Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicants must apply online and attach a cover letter and resume that includes the complete contact information for at least three references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.