Responsible for coordinating the filming of practices and games, film exchange, maintenance of equipment, and editing film for team meetings.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Area of Specialization:
Anticipated Appointment Date:
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform administrative duties as follows.
a. Follow all policies and regulations of the athletic department.
b. Follow all rules and regulations of the University, SEC, and NCAA.
2. Accept budgetary responsibilities as follows:
Follow the expense report and purchasing guidelines established by the Business Office.
3. Oversee all aspects of the basketball staff’s video requirements.
The work schedule will vary to include some evenings and weekends as determined by the athletic staff.
4. Perform public relations duties as follows:
a. Establish and maintain a good working and professional relationship with all athletic department personnel.
b. Establish and maintain good relations with the department’s public.
c. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to position; experience in filming, editing and producing sportscasts.
• Ability to communicate with various constituents; general public; students; coaches; administrators.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Exceptional planning, organizational, time management skills.
• Ability to work evenings and weekend hours.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Attach cover letter and Resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.