The Broadcast Operations Fellow is responsible for assisting with the daily duties associated with production, operation and engineering of athletics broadcast operations. Additionally, this individual will assist in the maintenance and inventory of athletic broadcast equipment and perform other duties as assigned.
Salary Grade: 9
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in the production of SEC Network broadcasts and stadium/venue big screen video board operation.
2. Assists in the engineering and operation of control room systems and field video production equipment.
3. Assists in the maintenance of current inventories of all equipment, supplies and assets.
4. Assists in the set-up and operation of DV Sport Officials’ Replay systems.
5. Assists with student worker training sessions.
6. Maintains a continuing and thorough knowledge of all applicable University, departmental and NCAA rules and regulations and complies with those rules and regulations.
7. Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director for Broadcast Operations.
Bachelor's degree with one (1) year of experience in related field.
Experience working in a live television sports broadcast environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of control room and field video productions.
2. Ability to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a wide range of constituents.
4. Ability to multi-task and meet stringent deadlines.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Requires handling of heavy weight objects up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis and on occasion up to 125 lbs.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Attach cover letter and Resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.