To perform a variety of duties in support of services provided by Facilities Management including routine cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of grounds.
Salary Grade: LCM-2
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains university grounds using edger, blower, trimmer, mower, and other equipment.
2. Installs landscaping and related items on university grounds.
3. Mow grass, mulch leaves, clean-up grounds and verify designated areas of campus.
4. Assists with appropriate pest control (non-herbicide use) for lawn and landscaping.
5. Maintains equipment such as hand tools; power equipment, including chain saws, edger, weed eaters, push and/or riding mowers, backhoes, tractor etc. May procure supplies, parts, and tools as needed.
6. Responsible for care and routine maintenance of equipment.
7. Operate and make minor adjustments to mowers.
8. May perform special projects related to various aspects of Facilities Management as assigned by supervisor.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: Ability to read and write.
Experience: 3 years landscape, must include at least 1 year at the preceding level or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Certification or Licensure Requirements:
Valid driver's license may be required for specific positions
Duties require basic or advanced physical and mental skills and abilities; including equipment and use of hand tools, power tools, heavy machinery or other equipment and use of basic or intermediate math, reading, or writing skills.
Follows detailed instructions and procedures. May work under limited supervision, and prioritize tasks independently.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Occasional-Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching, climbing or balancing, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Job occasionally requires sitting, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting more than 100 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All interested Applicants apply online at www.msujobs.edu and complete a Support Staff Application. Note: Preference will be given to internal MSU candidates.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.