The Programmer Analyst defines systems, program, and job flow specifications and produces efficient programs and operational procedures to satisfy client requests. This position designs and implements modifications to the interrelation of databases, files and records within programs in consultation with higher-level staff.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze technical and functional application specifications.
- Design program logic to meet technical and functional specifications.
- Establish file requirements and processing routines.
- Design, code, and test application software, as well as modifies existing software to reflect changes in system requirements or hardware configuration.
- Code efficiently adhering to established programming standards.
- Prepare and maintain quality documentation to manage program development and revisions.
- Complete assigned tasks meeting deadlines.
- Perform problem determination and analysis.
- Respond to and solve problems.
- Prepare instructions and user documentation for users / operators.
- Modify programs to increase operating efficiency.
- Respond to changes in work processes.
- Prepare test data and validate software for accuracy.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with clients and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related field and one year of relevant work experience.
- Two years of full-time work experience developing and implementing information systems or administering information systems.
- Knowledge of the following languages: C, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, XML, Groovy/Grails, HTTP, LDAP, SOAP, GIT, Springs, Hibernate, Tomcat, Weblogic.
- Knowledge of development environment tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, Subversion, Maven, and Ant.
- Experience with Banner, Learning Management System, Luminism, and/or Kuali.
- Strong technical skills in the area of software development and application administration.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and programming languages.
- Knowledge of a relational database management system such as Oracle or SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Working knowledge of Unix, strong programming skills, experience with a relational data base management system (preferably Oracle), and demonstrated ability to assume responsibility for supporting multiple systems.
Excellent interpersonal skills, personal initiative, demonstrated ability to perform with professionalism and produce quality, reliable results.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, resume, and the names and addresses of 3 professional references. We will accept applications only from persons with indefinite employment authorization in the U.S., and will not sponsor for nonimmigrant or immigrant status for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.