Provide responsive services to students, the university community and the public.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Area of Specialization:
Anticipated Appointment Date:
July 16, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct screening process for teaching internship applicants (includes evaluation of transcripts, student files, knowledge of programs, and knowledge of BANNER and CAPPS to retrieve transcripts, grades, and other program information). Determine final eligibility for teaching internship and complete Phase III forms when interns are eligible.
2. Maintain Classroom Teacher, University Supervisor, and Internship databases.
3. Work with Director to determine placement requests that will be submitted to school districts.
4. Collect application materials and maintain spreadsheets communicating with teacher candidates until all application materials are collected.
5. Organize and submit internship placement materials and information to school districts to be distributed to appropriate school officials.
6. Provide eligible internship applicants with information regarding placements, dates for internship, and other important information.
7. Compile teaching internship directory and make changes to directory as they occur through semester.
8. Process travel for university supervisors.
9. Process stipends for all classroom mentor teachers for supervision and training.
10. Maintain completer spreadsheets updating with scores as teacher interns report scores to OCFBI.
11. Maintain teacher intern files within OCFBI to be sure that all mandatory materials are in each folder and in the proper order.
12. Manage OCFBI email account.
13. Manage the office front receiving guests, answering the main office line, and keeping office items in stock.
14. Work with the Coordinator to develop materials for teaching internship program, including compiling, printing, and distributing Teaching Internship Handbook, teaching internship calendar, application materials, internship evaluation forms, internship reports, supervisor reports, and materials for school districts and classroom mentor teachers.
1. Provide technical information, assistance and consultation to students, faculty, school district personnel, Meridian Campus personnel, and others seeking information about teacher education/licensure programs and alternate route licensure programs.
2. Function as a liaison with licensure applications, the public, and the Office of Educator Licensure at the Mississippi Department of Education concerning licensure matters.
3. Evaluate transcripts to determine requirements, qualifications, and eligibility for licensure.
4. Maintain current up-to-date records and database of licensure activities.
5. Facilitate interest and knowledge of teacher education/licensure programs by providing current licensure information to the public and retaining awareness of continual changes in licensure requirements.
6. Provide institutional program verification to applicants who are eligible for licensure in Mississippi and/or other states.
7. Consult with other College of Education departments, the Office of Educator Licensure at the Mississippi Department of Education, and licensure applicants when licensure questions arise.
1. Perform duties as requested by the Director (e.g., work with grants, presentations, article submissions, annual reports, meetings, etc.)
2. Collect information from a variety of sources to transmit to the Director and others as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field; 2 years relevant work experience.
Master’s Degree in one of the disciplines in education with knowledge of P-12 Licensure, Approved Courses for Secondary Schools in Mississippi, and Mississippi Student Information System codes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; ability to work well with faculty, staff, students, and senior administrators; personal and professional integrity; organizational skills; ability to manage time well and to multi-task; flexibility (able to respond to requests for information on short notice); ability to use technology to enhance administrative tasks.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.