Job no: 500154
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
185900 - CVM Facilities Engineering
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sweep, dust mop, wet mop and scrub floors.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, walls, doors and other building surfaces.
3. Clean, wax and buff floors.
4. Clean restroom facilities and replenish supplies.
5. Collect trash and empty in trash collection containers.
6. Move furniture, equipment, supplies and other materials as requested.
7. Dust and polish furniture.
8. May change light bulbs and spray rooms for pests.
9. May vacuum and shampoo carpets.
10. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read and write.
2. Ability to work with others and to receive and follow instructions.
3. Willingness to work long hours.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
1. Grade school education.
2. Experience in custodial work.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Occasional-Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching, climbing or balancing, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Job occasionally requires sitting, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting more than 100 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All interested applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and complete a Support Staff Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend