Perform a variety of duties including routine minor maintenance and upkeep of buildings.
Salary Grade: 12
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform routine, preventive and reactive maintenance, and repair on buildings, equipment, structures, and other amenities.
2. Responsible for minor repairs which may include: changing defective receptacles, ballasts, switches, outlets, light fixtures and bulbs, repair of valves, replacement of washers and gaskets, replacement of plumbing fixtures, replacing hinges, door closures, service door closures, replace floor tiles, caulk windows, replace glass and reset doors.
3. Erect and work from ladders, scaffolds, and similar devices.
4. Determine type of materials and supplies to be used.
5. Adapt commercially available materials to fit needs.
6. Document job time and materials used.
7. Keep facilities in a clean and presentable condition.
8. Work hours as needed for special events.
9. Perform related duties as assigned
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. 1-2 years related experience.
3. Valid driver's license.
Experience above the minimum required qualifications
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Ability to lift and carry up to at least 150 pounds.
3. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
4. Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply on MSU jobs board.
Attach a resume and list of references.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.