The project manager will serve as an online learning specialist developing and facilitating a variety of online courses. These courses are typically, but not exclusively, 10-hours in length and approved as continuing education credits for teachers.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Develop and facilitate a variety of online learning courses meeting continuing education or certification requirements
2. Use Canvas Learning Management System proficiently and help others learn to use the system
3. Coordinate training schedules
4. Support course marketing and promotion efforts
5. Assist with development of any number of in-person or online professional development programs
6. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
2. Strong human relations and communications (written and oral) skills
3. Experience with online teaching in an applied learning context
4. Solid knowledge and experience using the Canvas Learning Management System.
1. Master’s degree or higher in education or related field
2. Familiarity and/or experience with multiple learning management systems
3. Experience leading professional development
4. Secondary teaching certification in English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, or Social Studies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to innovate and work as both a team member and a team leader. Strong ability to work autonomously and independently to manage the project. Experience coaching and influencing others to accomplish tasks. Experience with online learning management systems. Experience with making presentations and leading meetings, even in front of large groups of people. Ability to organize and manage projects and prepare a written plan with objectives, actions, milestones, budgets, timelines, success measurements, and evaluation methods. Ability to anticipate barriers to project completion; plan and manage contingencies. Ability to write grants and proposals for external funding. Knowledge of using technology to deliver products and services. Knowledge of education trends in the areas of Academic Standards, Career Pathways, innovative high school designs, leadership, 21st-century skills, and college and career readiness. Demonstrated strong experience working with education achievement data. Must have strong knowledge of instructional and emerging technologies.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Requires moderate travel with some overnight stays. Travel to schools in Mississippi and visit out-of-state partner organizations and schools.
Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; may involve conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis. Expectations and job assignments will change frequently.
Job frequently requires driving, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and submit a resume, cover letter, and the complete contact information for at least 3 references
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.