Support the mission of the Research and Curriculum Unit (RCU) through the planning, implementation and delivery of activities related to curriculum, assessment, and professional learning in the field of education. Work in a cross-functional work team environment where multiple priorities and deadlines must be managed simultaneously; attention to detail in all areas of work.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Support the design, development, and maintenance of secondary curricula in the STEM fields.
2. Assess needs, research, plan, and coordinate curriculum, assessment, and professional learning activities.
3. Provide technical assistance in designing educator training that increases effectiveness and impact of the training.
4. Design and coordinate online or face to face training modules.
5. May manage the development and delivery of online training.
6. Must collaborate with RCU staff and external clients in coordinating and managing projects.
7. Must plan and lead meetings, workshops, and presentations necessary for project completion. This includes making presentations in front of large groups of people to include regional and national presentations.
8. Must work independently to lead projects from beginning to end.
9. Must understand education achievement related data sets and be able to organize, analyze, and effectively communicate the data.
10. Must work with other RCU personnel in project teams or manage the team to complete tasks.
11. Must prepare and present project status reports, including necessary reports and budgets.
12. Must be flexible and willing to change assignments and responsibilities regularly throughout the year.
13. Must support grant writing efforts, including identification of potential project, partners, and budget preparation.
14. Serves in a support role to all divisions within the RCU.
15. Other related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or education related field.
Experience in K-12 or post-secondary education.
Experience in education related professional development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to innovate and work as both a team member and a team leader. Strong ability to work autonomously and independently to manage the project. Experience with planning and managing project budgets and reporting. Understanding of curriculum and assessment development. Experience with making presentations and leading meetings. Ability to organize and manage projects and prepare a written plan with objectives, actions, milestones, budgets, timelines, success measurements, and evaluation methods. Ability to anticipate barriers to project completion; plan and manage contingencies. Ability to write grants and proposals for external funding. Knowledge of using technology to deliver products and services. Experience with Canvas and other online learning management systems is a plus. Knowledge of education trends in the areas Academic Standards, Career Pathways, innovative high school designs, leadership, 21st century skills, and college and career readiness. Demonstrated experience working with education achievement data. Must have strong knowledge of instructional and emerging technologies.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; may involve conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis. Expectations and job assignments will change frequently.
Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and submit a resume, cover letter and the complete contact information for at least 3 references
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.