To coordinate and supervise the work of subordinate custodial employees.
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Department of Housing and Residence Life strives to create a "home away from home" where students are individually and collectively challenged and supported in the journey to become mature, contributing citizens in a global community.
In support of the mission of Mississippi State University and the Division of Student Affairs, the Department of Housing and Residence Life cultivates an on-campus environment that promotes student success, engages students through intentional interactions, and challenges them to learn and grow beyond the classroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise and coordinate the work of supervisors and custodians in performing general duties.
2. Establish and maintain schedules and assign supervisors to various tasks.
3. Ensure that work areas are properly staffed; have adequate supplies and equipment for completion of assignments.
4. Monitor and evaluate the conduct and performance of supervisors and custodians.
5. Conduct performance appraisals on supervisors.
6. Plan, organize and staff special project work to include coordination of work with building occupants.
7. Assist supervisors with inspection of buildings for proper cleanliness and maintenance care. 8. Render training to new employees as needed.
9. Maintain records and submit reports concerning personnel, equipment, supplies expenses and general housekeeping activities.
10. Interview and recommend applicants for positions.
11. Supervise work crews in preparation of special events.
12. Perform related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two years of experience as a Custodian.
Two years of related supervisory work experience.
Willingness to work long hours.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Education and experience beyond the minimum requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion.
Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Job occasionally requires sitting, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting more than 100 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.