This position is an integral part of our efforts to support the success of our students by engaging in intentional strategies designed to address the needs of students who have challenges with academic, health, wellness, conduct, safety or their general welfare. This position serves as a part of the Dean of Students' Office and reports to the Assistant Dean of Students while also maintaining a direct working relationship with other key stakeholders at the University who are responsible for wellness, health, safety, and general welfare issues to students.
The Student Services Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director of Student Conduct and has primary responsibility for coordination of case management, collaboration and improved communication among departments or offices, assists in coordination of continuity of care and services for students, and assists in a coordinated team approach to student services and University response to needs. Also, oversee and coordinate operations of MSU’s on campus food pantry.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Collect, evaluate, adjudicate, and record all facts pertaining to students’ cases concerning the Code of Student Conduct.
2. Assist the Dean of Students’ Office in matters relating to student affairs including advocating, assisting, navigation of student issues and student complaint resolution.
3. Assist the Dean of Students’ Office with investigation and administrative hearings concerning the Code of Student Conduct.
4. Coordinate assessment and reports for Student Conduct and files as needed.
5. Meet with students concerning computer quarantine issued by Mississippi State University.
6. Serve as a campus-wide resource for distressed students working with and communicating with University police, residence life staff, student counseling, student health services and academic departments
7. Develop services and provide help to meet the daily needs of MSU students and parents by communicating and clarifying the resources available at MSU.
8. Assist the Dean of Students' Office in event and program management.
9. Coordinate logistics for Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) weekly meetings.
10. Assist in bi-weekly meeting with staff and graduate assistants in the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
11. Perform related duties as assigned.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in, student personnel, higher education administration, counseling or related field.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education training approved by the Human Resources Department.
Experience in higher education, particularly in working with student conduct, housing & residence life, behavioral intervention, parents and students is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of customer service practices and concepts.
Event planning and event management skills.
Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Ability to build relationships with other University and community units.
Excellent decision-making and time management skills.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Knowledge of computers and web based applications.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. No unusual physical requirements.
2. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
3. Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
4. Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Instructions for Applying:
Applications must be submitted through the Human Resources Management website at https://www.msujobs.msstate.edu/ by completing the online application and attaching a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.