To analyze transcripts from various higher education institutions to determine the extent to which students have met course requirements for specific degrees and to maintain academic record for the university.
Salary Grade: 10
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluate courses of other educational institutions taken by students to determine which courses meet course requirements for specific degrees.
2. Develop and maintain the University’s Curriculum, Advising, and Program Planning (CAPP) System, also known as the Degree Audit System.
3. Communicate verbally and in writing to notify students, department heads, and advisors concerning student’s academic records, i.e., course credit allowed, grade reports, and grade changes.
4. Oversee all office activity for maintenance of student academic records.
5. Confer with students and academic departments concerning academic record problems, University regulations, or related matters.
6. Evaluate academic records for scholarship awards.
7. Operate personal computer utilizing a keyboard to enter and gather information and perform assigned tasks.
8. Post grade reports to student records.
9. Define university policies and procedures concerning evaluation grades that have been submitted.
10. Perform related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Three to five years of clerical experience in an academic environment.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Knowledge of Banner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Well-developed interpersonal, teamwork, verbal and written communication skills
2. Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
3. Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple tasks.
4. Independent self-starter with strong work ethic.
5. Strong customer service skills
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
2. Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
3. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.