The Recruiting Coordinator, under the Supervision of the Associate Director, the Director of Student Recruitment, the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment, and the Provost, works closely with the university officials in disseminating information about Mississippi State University. In addition, the Recruiting Coordinator for Central Mississippi coordinates and supervises the implementation of the recruitment goals set by the University.
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Area of Specialization:
Tennessee and MS River Valley
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the implementation of recruiting goals outlines by the University.
2. Works with administrators, faculty, and other University personnel to enhance recruiting efforts.
3. Oversees high school and community college visitation and recruiting programs.
4. Provides information and guidance to perspective students and their parents.
5. Recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations.
6. Participates in developing effective recruitment strategies.
7. Oversees recruitment programs and strategies for Tennessee and the Upper MS River Valley area
8. Visits and participates at high schools and community college recruitment fairs, and student conferences in order to recruit students.
9. Provide information to prospective students and their parents, and promote the college.
10. Represents MSU at conferences, meetings, and other official programs.
11. Attend alumni meetings and alumni recruiting events when needed.
12. Work closely with school counselors in the recruitment of prospective students.
13. Keep current on university programs and changes within the academic schools and colleges.
14. Performs additional duties as required by the Director of Student Recruitment, the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment, and the Provost
15. Manages admissions counselors in the territory they manage
16. Serves as a committee member for Team Training committee and other committees within the office.
Supervises the Admissions counselors in the territory they coordinate.
Bachelor’s degree in Student Development, counseling, or related area.
At least 2 years of experience in higher education administration.
Current employee in the Office of Admissions and Scholarships at Mississippi State University.
Valid Driver's License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Experience working with students, parents, university administrators, and faculty.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple constituencies.
4. Proficiency on Word Processing or database Management.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
7. Ability to work autonomously and independently.
8. Exceptional work effort and highly motivated.
9. Must be detailed.
10. Excellent writer.
11. Must be a logical thinker.
12. Ability to recognize patterns and predict problems.
13. Ability to identify solutions or alternative approaches.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. This position requires extensive in-state travel. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
2. Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set add revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with uncertainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
3. This frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicants must apply online at msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume that includes complete contact information for three references
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.