To operate a truck or van to transport equipment, furniture, materials and personnel to various campus locations.
Salary Grade: 8
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Department of Housing and Residence Life strives to create a "home away from home" where students are individually and collectively challenged and supported in the journey to become mature, contributing citizens in a global community.
In support of the mission of Mississippi State University and the Division of Student Affairs, the Department of Housing and Residence Life cultivates an on-campus environment that promotes student success, engages students through intentional interactions, and challenges them to learn and grow beyond the classroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Operate a truck or van to transport equipment, furniture, materials, and personnel to various campus locations.
2. Supervise others in loading and unloading of trucks.
3. Substitute for other maintenance workers in department when they are on leave.
4. Employee will be placed on on-call rotation schedule for security systems. Will also be trained on basic trouble shooting problems with alarm systems.
5. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High school education or equivalent.
2. Valid driver’s license and ability to qualify for liability coverage for operation of government vehicles.
3. Ability to exercise tact and discretion with customers and the public.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Ability to lift heavy objects up to 150 pounds.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.