Provide supplemental sports nutrition coverage for sports as assigned by the Director of Sports Nutrition and perform other duties as assigned. Must be a Registered Dietitian through the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics; and be eligible for licensure by the State of Mississippi.
Salary Grade: 09
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist Sports Nutrition Staff with the sports nutrition needs for sports as assigned. This includes direct team and sport coverage.
2. Assist in the day-to-day operations of the sports nutrition fueling stations.
3. Assist the Director of Sports Nutrition with the prevention and care of student-athletes through nutrition.
4. Assess and counsel student-athletes on medical-related nutrition concerns utilizing appropriate Medical Nutrition Therapy techniques for conditions such as but not limited to anemia, disordered eating, diabetes, bone mineral disturbances, amenorrhea, dyslipidemia, hypertension, gastrointestinal concerns, food allergies and intolerances, and other medical conditions.
5. Assist with the development and oversight of nutrition education material production, social media, and on-site athlete dining education.
6. Provide team-specific nutrition trainings and recommendations.
7. Obtain required continuing education requirements to fulfill and maintain state and RD certifications.
This position does have supervisory responsibility for student nutrition volunteers and interns.
Bachelor's degree in related field; must be a certified Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and be eligible for licensure by the State of Mississippi (proof of licensure or application required upon hire).
Master’s degree and two years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of certain fundamental concepts.
2. Ability to work long and irregular hours.
3. Ability to travel.
4. Ability to work in extreme weather temperatures.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Requires handling of heavy weight objects up to 100 lbs. on a regular basis and on occasion up to 150 lbs.
Instructions for Applying:
Please complete the application and attach your resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.