Job no: 501959
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
441300 - MS State University Foundation
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
The communication specialist provides creative support for internal and external communication efforts including print publications, electronic publications and selected correspondence materials. the communication specialist is under the direction of the publications manager for the division of development and alumni.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for writing and generating correspondence for the following:
a. Recognition letters for the Executive Director for Communication and Donor Relations
b. Acknowledgement letters for:
i. MSU President
ii. MSU Foundation Board Chair
iii. Vice President for Development and Alumni
iv. Executive Director for Development
2. Responsible for writing news and feature stories and assisting with the creation of promotional content for various print and digital publications such as:
a. Foundations Magazine
b. Alumnus Magazine
c. MSU Foundation's Annual Report
e. Press Releases
3. May be required to conduct interviews, pursue additional subject research, and collect photography as needed for written assignments.
4. Responsible for writing and preparing proposals for prospective donors.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
2. Familiarity with AP style.
3. Two years of directly related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Excellent journalism skills with particular interest in news and feature writing.
2. High level of organization and experience with Microsoft Excel.
3. Ability to prioritize competing demands and to meet strict deadlines.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Complete online application.
Provide cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend