Provide administrative support in and coordinate the administrative function of a large and complex division, department or unit.
Salary Grade: 11
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Department of Sociology has approximately 24 faculty members, more than 400 undergraduate majors and 40 sociology graduate majors. http://www.sociology.msstate.edu
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 1, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs, supervises, and coordinates the administrative function of a complex office.
2. Studies, analyzes, and recommends procedures and processes in order to improve continuity and simplify reporting.
3. Analyzes operating practices such as record keeping systems, office layout and performance standards to create new systems or revise established procedures; remain abreast of trends in administrative operations.
4. Coordinates collection of and participates in the preparation of operating reports using word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
5. Develops, plans, and implements programs, office policies, and procedures relevant to unit mission and goals.
6. Gathers data for budget preparation and inventory reports, prepares or assists in the preparation of the annual budget, and procures all supplies, furniture, and office equipment.
7. Manages complex events calendar for unit; coordinates the logistics of unit functions and events.
8. Develops summary reports, analyzes for administrator, and makes recommendations regarding findings.
9. Interviews, trains, and evaluates subordinate support staff.
10. All other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma
Experience (yrs.): 4-6 years Directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed.
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
2. Experience in fund accounting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
* No or very limited physical effort required.
* Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.