This position will work as a team member in Enterprises Information Systems at Mississippi State University. The Software Developer supports the University community by developing, coordinating, and managing enterprise application software systems and enterprise data by providing critical information services to our clients.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consult with administrators to gather information to evaluate procedures and business needs.
• Identify inefficiencies and makes suggestions based on analysis, system capabilities and available resources.
• Continually upgrade knowledge of new tools and technologies.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution.
Two years of related experience
Experience in developing business software using industry development tools;
Knowledge and skill interviewing clients to understand their business needs and translate them into software specifications;
Knowledge and skill in analyzing business processes in multiple areas;
Work in a team and project driven environment
Any equivalent combination of related education and related experience may be considered.
• Two years’ experience working in enterprise systems in the higher education environment.
• Two years’ experience working with Oracle SQL and related database analysis tools
• Experience with ERP systems
• Experience in object-oriented programming, using one or more of the following languages: Java/J2EE, Groovy, Ruby, Python, and .NET
• Experience programming using web application frameworks such as Spring, Grails, and Rails
• Knowledge of development environment tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, Subversion, Maven, and Ant.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by attaching a cover letter and resume which includes the names and addresses of 3 professional references. We will accept applications only from persons with indefinite employment authorization in the U.S., and will not sponsor for nonimmigrant or immigrant status for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.