This position will work as a team member in Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) at Mississippi State University. The Enterprise Front-End Web Developer supports the University community by developing, coordinating, and managing enterprise web sites, applications, and data by providing critical information services to our clients.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist web developers, web designers, content editors, and content creators with the design and development of university web sites and web applications.
• Coordinate, integrate, and manage information contributed to web sites/applications; establish template formats and logical structures for web pages, as appropriate; guide and assist contributors with editorial and publishing-related issues, as appropriate.
• Create and maintain documentation that describes programs, operating procedures, and installations, including but not limited to, internal knowledge base, solutions, and project updates.
• Assist with the administration, maintenance, and support of web sites and web applications within the EIS web environment by identifying and recommending improvements to web site navigation, usability, and accessibility.
• Stay updated on industry-wide changes, participate in technical user groups, and attend relevant training classes
• Research and solve problems both independently and as a part of a team.
• Monitor, track, and report project risks, issues, milestones, and work completed.
• Conduct training sessions with university content editors and content developers to ensure they use best practices and publish content that adheres to the University’s policy on web page publications.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Fine Arts or related field.
Basic knowledge and skills in front-end web frameworks, scripting languages, methodologies, and open-source web content management systems.
Any equivalent combination of related education and related experience may be considered.
• Experience using HTML, CSS/SASS, and JS to build front-end web user interfaces
• Experience with Bootstrap front-end web framework
• Experience using Drupal for content management
• Familiarity with object-oriented programming
• Familiarity with MySQL
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by attaching a cover letter and resume which includes the names and addresses of 3 professional references. We will accept applications only from persons with indefinite employment authorization in the U.S., and will not sponsor for nonimmigrant or immigrant status for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.