Encourage and support early care and education providers, families, and children across the state and provide referrals and resources to families.
Salary Grade: 09
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Throughout its history, Mississippi State University-Extension Service (MSU-ES) has demonstrated a deep and abiding commitment to programs that directly impact young children and their families. In the past decade, MSU-ES has distinguished itself as Mississippi’s premier infrastructural support of high-quality early childhood education.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Organize, catalog, and maintain the educational learning materials and resources.
2. Responsible for keeping the resource library and all materials neat and clean.
3. Order, stock and distribute training and office supplies.
4. May greet and direct visitors, when appropriate; resolve routine administrative problems and answer inquiries concerning activities and operations of department/division.
5. May answer telephone, route calls, take messages, and provide general information.
6. Open and route incoming mail; distribute correspondence and other materials to staff.
7. Operate a computer keyboard to establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records, and/or other documents.
8. Performance a variety of routine typing assignments as appropriate to the position; operate a personal computer to draft basic correspondence, enter data, and print letters, labels, reports, and/or other materials; type and mail form letters.
9. In collaboration with MDHS, schedule, coordinate, and plan trainings.
10. May arrange meetings and conferences, schedules interviews and appointments, and perform other duties related to maintaining one or more individual schedules; makes travel and lodging arrangements, either directly or through travel agencies.
11. Assist with the collection of data for various reports related to the project and outline in the scope of services and evaluations of the project.
12. Perform any related duties as assigned.
1. Associate degree.
2. Valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel as required during performance of assigned tasks.
3. Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Associate degree in Child Development, Early Childhood or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Organizing and coordinating skills.
2. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
3. Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Ability to travel out of local area (in- and out-of-state travel). Overnight travel will be required. Use of personal car required.
2. Frequent – Externally imposed deadlines set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature and volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; irregular hours may be anticipated; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position.
3. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
4. Job requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
5. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Complete online application at http://www.msujobs.msstate.edu/ and submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and the contact information for at least three professional references. Please remove any social security numbers included on requested transcripts prior to submitting online.
An official transcript will be required if selected for employment.
September 30, 2022 until filled.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.