The Recruiting and Events Coordinator, Graduate Programs reports to the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and Assessment and promotes on-campus and online graduate programs in the College of Business and Adkerson School of Accountancy; recruits graduate students; coordinates student recruitment activities: develops and implements strategies to recruit scholar1y and underrepresented students to the College; plans and coordinates special events for graduate students and alumni; and assists the Director of MBA Programs with MBA Advisory Board meetings.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure for salary ranges
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Report to Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and Assessment
2. Recruit graduate students to the College;
3. Promote and market graduate business programs and serve as a program representative;
4. Create and disseminate recruitment materials for the various graduate programs in the College;
5. Work with staff in the Center for Distance Education on recruiting, admission, and orientation materials for graduate online business students;
6. Manage communication and social media recruiting activities for graduate business programs;
7. Plan and execute graduate student recruiting strategies based on budget availability, including class visits, purchasing standardized test scores, attending graduate fairs at other Universities, and other recruiting strategies;
8. Maintain prospective student contact files and databases;
9. Manage alumni relations and hosts alumni receptions and events;
10. Coordinate corporate career receptions and other events hosted by the Graduate Programs office such as the MBA Orientation Program;
11. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree In Business or related field and Two years' experience in marketing, advertising, or event Planning
Masters Degree In Business or related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to recruit, mentor and assist undergraduate and graduate students. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, end nearly ell work is performed in a comfortable indoor feclllty.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some Interruptions are present; Involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than Immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, talking, hearing.
Vision requirements: Ability to see Information in print and/or electronically, ability to distinguish colors.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply on line at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.