This position will work as a team member in Enterprise Information Systems at Mississippi State University. The Software Developer supports the University community by developing, coordinating, and managing enterprise application software systems and enterprise data by providing critical information services to our clients.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, and maintain custom programming to assist with internal processes and import/export data to/from MSU’s ERP system (Banner).
• Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about Banner and related Enterprise Applications.
• Create and maintain documentation that describes programs, operating procedures, and installations, including but not limited to, internal knowledge base, solutions, and project updates.
• Assist with the administration, maintenance, and support of Ellucian products and integrated software to third party systems.
• Stay updated on industry-wide changes, participate in technical user groups, and attend relevant training classes
• Research and solve problems both independently and as a member of a team.
• Monitor, track, and report project risks, issues, milestones, and work completed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution. Any equivalent combination of related education and related experience may be considered.
• Basic foundation of knowledge and skills in technical information systems and application program packages.
• Understanding of relational database concepts and experience with Linux/Unix toolsets
• Knowledge, experience and technical skills in Oracle SQL and object-oriented development environments.
Any equivalent combination of related education and related experience may be considered.
• Experience with PL/SQL, SQL, Linux shell scripts, C, and/or Java.
• Experience with Java software development and web technologies
• Experience using Oracle or SQL Server databases
• Experience with Unix/Linux
• Familiarity with object-oriented programming
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
This position may be eligible for flexwork options. For more information please see MSU Policy OP 60.324.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by attaching a cover letter and resume which includes the names and addresses of 3 professional references. We will accept applications only from persons with indefinite employment authorization in the U.S., and will not sponsor for nonimmigrant or immigrant status for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.