The Assistant Director for Marketing & Communications is responsible for facilitating and managing comprehensive marketing and communications strategies for the Division of Access, Diversity and Inclusion.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and execute social media strategy for social media accounts, focused primarily on the publishing of digital content on social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok) including assisting with content planning and creation for departmental accounts.
2. Write and produce clear, compelling communications and stories for publication on the department’s website, email campaigns, newsletters, and social media outlets to engage various audiences.
3. Manage content on divisional website and assists departments with redesign processes and content.
4. Work with departments across the Division to develop communication plans and marketing strategies for program offerings.
5. Provide training, as needed, to departmental staff on best practices for creating, managing, monitoring, and developing content.
6. Assist in managing the job request system and the digital signage system.
7. Establish and monitor benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media efforts, and report analytics and make recommendations for improvements.
8. Manage resources, develop project priorities, and create plans for divisional marketing and communication activities.
9. Works closely with the Office of Public Affairs on initiatives which includes but is not limited to, heritage month activities, press releases, etc.
10. Works with other academic and non-academic units to achieve institutional goals and outcomes.
11. Ensures the Division of Access, Diversity and Inclusion’s mission, vision a
12. Perform related duties as assigned.
Received: Receives supervision from Director of Strategic Initiatives and Operations
Given: Graduate Assistant, student worker(s)
• Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Public Relations, English, or Journalism
• 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
• Master’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, English or Journalism
• 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Proven knowledge of and experience using appropriate technologies. Advanced computer skills and technical ability are required.
2. Excellent and engaging written and verbal communication skills that aid in finding original content. Also, ability to creatively produce and package content, including writing creatively.
3. Proven time management skills, multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and moving projects from inception to completion.
4. Proven ability to take quality photographs and shoot video for social media platforms.
5. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office 365.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.