This position will contribute to Extension and research on soil and water conservation as a member of the multi-disciplinary team at the National Center for Alluvial Aquifer Research. The focus will be on improving agricultural and natural resource sustainability in the Yazoo-Mississippi Delta, but the position will be based in the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering on the Starkville main campus.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
This is a full time, regular position with the National Center for Alluvial Aquifer Research within the Delta Research and Extension Center but located at Mississippi State University in Starkville, MS.
Area of Specialization:
Soil and Water Management
Anticipated Appointment Date:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Compile, organize, and clean spatiotemporal data on plants, soil, water, and weather from multiple sources
* Conduct mathematical/statistical/geospatial analyses to obtain research findings
* Build and apply simulation models to generate science-based recommendations
* Produce technical writing and create multimedia materials to share information with Extension clients and with other researchers through diverse formats
* Help deliver presentations and events for different audiences
* Assist with university and external paperwork, including grant proposals and routine reporting
* Gather additional knowledge and develop additional skills to tackle assigned projects and propel professional growth
* Fulfill other duties and responsibilities that benefit soil and water conservation Extension/research as determined by the supervisor
*Bachelor degree in related discipline.
* Equivalent to one year of full-time experience in Extension/research, whether as a student, employee, or volunteer
* Valid driver’s license
Rank and salary commensurate with education and/or level or experience
* Graduate degree in related discipline.
* Proven success in performing tasks similar to those in the above list of “Essential Duties and Responsibilities”
* Experience with managing complex projects and juggling competing demands
* Personal passion for solving problems and making a positive impact on rural communities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Written and oral communication
* Quantitative analytical skills
* Computer software use
* High level of honesty, trustworthiness, eagerness to learn, and commitment to excellence
* Strong ability to take initiative and work effectively with little supervision
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
* Mostly in an indoor office using a computer
* Low physical effort and environmental risk
* Occasional travel, mostly same-day driving trips within Mississippi
* Appropriate flexibility to accommodate project deadlines and non-work involvements
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at https://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach 1) a resume, 2) a cover letter explaining suitability for this position, 3) a list containing the names and contact information of three references and 4) academic transcript with social security numbers redacted prior to submitting online.
The anticipated appointment date is May 16th, 2023, but will be negotiable.
For more information contact Dr. Himmy Lo at 662-390-8509 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 30, 2023 until filled.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.