Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, the University Registrar is responsible for providing leadership and management to all aspects of the Office of the Registrar. The University Registrar plays a vital role in the University and Academic operations by effectively managing the maintenance and integrity of all student academic records, the approved curriculum, the development and maintenance of the class scheduling process, student registration, end of term processing, transfer articulation, degree audit, commencement ceremonies, and FERPA compliance. In addition, each of these functions are managed with adherence to the policies and procedures of the University and professional standards. The University Registrar must provide strong leadership consistent with the academic goals and mission of the institution.
Salary Grade: 19
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates, trains, supervises, and provides executive leadership for all functions and
services of the University's Registrar's Office.
2. Ensure security and accuracy of student academic records and compliance with State and
Federal regulations pertaining to student academic records and following commonly
accepted best practices. Serves as the University's FERPA Officer.
3. Responsible for coordination and execution of the commencement ceremonies.
4. Ensures accurate management and coordination of student athlete compliance in working
with the Department of Athletics.
5. Coordinates the transfer articulation process and works with IHL officials and the
Community Colleges to ensure an effective articulation process.
6. Responsible for maintenance of the degree audit system, providing oversight for the
monitoring of students' progress toward degree completion and graduation.
7. Ensures an effective and effective transcript request and delivery system.
8. Provides oversight to the registration and scheduling of course offerings, ensuring
accuracy of data and proficient processes.
9. Develops and maintains the curriculum management system, working with the University
Committee on Courses and Curricula, as well as the University Catalog.
10. Ensures accurate and timely processing of data related to course offerings, registration,
end of term function, degree and enrollment verifications, record certifications, and degree
11. In coordination with Information Technology Services, provides strategic input and
develops recommendations for the implementation of related technology applications in
support of enhanced services for students, faculty, and staff, ensuring the student
information system is meeting the needs of the functions and services of the Office of the
12. Conducts policy review, development, and implementation in accordance with University
procedures that relates to the work of the Office of the Registrar.
13. Provides management oversight and ensures compliance with all federal, state,
Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL), and University laws, policies, and procedures.
14. Be a visible, positive, and inspiring campus leader who seeks to build and maintain strong,
collaborative, and facilitative relationships with leadership and partners across the
university and the greater external community, while working collegially with faculty and
15. Leads and/or serves on University and IHL level committees as assigned.
16. Performs other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Enrollment
Education Master's degree from Regionally accredited institution
Experience (yrs.) Five to Ten Years Demonstrated significant leadership experience in the areas related to this position.
Must have experience in the management and supervision of staff
Doctoral degree preferred. Demonstrated university experience in leading Registrar functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work with diverse members of
the University community, including students, faculty, staff, and executives/administrators
2. Demonstrated ability for effective organizational skills and ability to connect to the
institutional strategy while displaying attention to detail
3. Ability to synthesize and analyze quantitative and qualitative data and prepare and present
4. Knowledge of state and federal laws related to the functions managed by this position
5. Knowledge and understanding of integrated program planning, development, and
administration within a public institution environment
6. Excellent computer skills
7. Advanced verbal and written communication skills
8. Knowledge of University data systems, definitions, and procedures
9. Technical leadership and supervisory skills, and the ability to motivate staff productivity
10. Knowledge of budget preparation and fiscal management
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Frequent - Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; travel or irregular hours often anticipated; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis
Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands
Job requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.