The Institute for Clean Energy Technology is seeking a Software Developer.
Salary Grade: Level I:15, Level II:16, Level III:17
Please see Staff Compensation Structure for salary ranges.
ICET has a multidisciplinary staff of chemists, physicists, computer scientists, and electrical and mechanical engineers. ICET also employs students, both graduate and undergraduate, who further support research operations. ICET scientists have leading-edge expertise in testing nuclear grade High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters, and research and remediation of soils contaminated with depleted uranium.
Area of Specialization:
Software and Database Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design and develop hardware and software for autonomous robotic survey platforms.
2. Configure and perform simulations of survey platforms.
3. Perform testing and collect data to evaluate and verify the performance of survey platforms.
4. Perform maintenance and repair of survey platforms.
5. Troubleshoot hardware and software systems.
6. Provide networking infrastructure support for research activities.
7. Database development, including front-end and back-end development.
8. Develop custom software from conception, design, implementation, testing and use on a variety of platforms under rigorous software quality requirements.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of software development process and life-cycle.
Knowledge of database development.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with individual’s background, education, and experience.
Research Engineer I - Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Less than one year experience in a related area.
Research Engineer II - Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Two years of professional experience in a related area; Requires two years at previous level or equivalent.
Research Engineer III - Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Four years of professional experience in a related area; Requires two years at previous level or equivalent.
1. Experience with the development and implementation of software quality assurance methods and procedures.
2. Experience with front-end and back-end development including design, development and testing.
3. Experience with the management and support of computer networking hardware and software.
4. Programming proficiency in software engineering and development with C#, C++, .NET, Java, Perl, Python, HTML, PHP, Shell programming languages, etc.
5. Experience with embedded systems hardware and software design.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge with Linux and Windows operating systems.
2. Knowledge building and supporting open source software.
3. Well-developed interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to perform with professionalism and produce quality, reliable results.
4. Strong analytical and technical skills with an attention for detail and accuracy.
5. Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; may involve conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.