Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
Assistant Professor (F0001 - UC)
The School of Human Sciences provides education, research, and outreach programs related to human interaction and relationships, early childhood, child life, youth, adult and family studies, and teacher education in family and consumer sciences and agricultural education. In addition, selected School programs focus on commerce, marketing, and using technology for problem solving and designing programs and projects.
Area of Specialization:
Leadership and Volunteer Development
Anticipated Appointment Date:
January 1, 2020
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in agricultural leadership and education;
2. Establishing an active and focused outreach/scholarship program, including securing
extramural funding for scholarship/outreach and publishing in respected journals and other
3. Participating in leadership outreach activities, including working with external organizations
such as commodity groups, Farm Bureau, State Department of Ag and Commerce, FFA,
1. Doctorate in agricultural education, agricultural and extension education, agricultural
leadership, or a closely related field, with a focus in agricultural leadership. ABD candidates will be considered.
2. Demonstrated interest in and commitment to diversity and to quality teaching in higher
3. Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, and industry professionals.
4. Exhibited initiative and drive when working with formal and non-formal education groups.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
1. Experience in teaching at the local level in either a high school or Extension setting.
2. Excellent computer/technology skills, including distance education.
3. Effective teaching skills.
4. Effective communication skills using written, verbal, and interpersonal techniques.
5. Success in competitive extramural funding.
6. Experience in conducting and publishing research and/or scholarly work.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy and interests, a publication or writing sample and the complete contact information for at least three professional references. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.