15/ Minimum Salary $49,300
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a calendar, action plans, and workflows for all projects including the objectives, activities, and measurable outcomes upon which the projects are evaluated.
• Develop a system of notifications and accountability for all program staff and subcontractors to ensure timely completion of project tasks.
• Compile and organize information for quarterly and annual reports to funding agency and stakeholders.
• Manage logistics for project events, meetings and training activities, including travel arrangements.
• Manage program evaluation activities, including assisting with data collection and data management, under supervision of the project director.
• In collaboration with other project staff, keep the Community of Practice website up to date.
• Edit, format, and prepare documents and online courses for dissemination.
• Provide support to consultants for invoicing, logistics, and online course maintenance.
• Collaborate with all NRTC staff and subcontractors to coordinate and manage project activities.
• Provide technical assistance to students in an online academic program as needed, such as with registration and problems with the learning management system.
• Occasional travel to help implement conferences and meetings.
• Master’s degree
• At least three years of relevant experience
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Expertise with Microsoft Office products and Zoom (or similar video conferencing software)
• Experience with online survey development software such as Qualtrics or SurveyMonkey
• Excellent communication, technical writing, and interpersonal skills
• Project management experience
• Experience with professional writing and editing
• Experience with federally funded grants
• Experience with project management systems and statistical packages
• Ability to conduct and interpret basic statistical analyses
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
If you are interested in helping the NRTC accomplish its mission, please apply for the position at Mississippi State University’s website: https://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu, PARF Number 499485 (job title – Project Manager), and attach a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for at least three references. Additionally, submit the materials to NRTCjobs@colled.msstate.edu at the time of applying. View the NRTC website at http://blind.msstate.edu/
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.