Salary Grade: 16
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Area of Specialization:
Anticipated Appointment Date:
February 16, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan, direct and coordinate all activities associated with Mississippi Project Lead-The-Way and serve as the affiliate director of the program.
2. Plan, direct, and coordinate academic year outreach activities including, but not limited to, BEST Robotics, SeaPerch South and High School Engineering Day.
3. Plan, direct and coordinate recruitment activities within the Bagley College of Engineering in conjunction with the Undergraduate Coordinator and the Admissions and Scholarships Office and facilitate campus visits for the college.
4. Plan, direct, and coordinate summer educational outreach programs on and off-campus for the Bagley College of Engineering including programs to interest students from diverse backgrounds in careers in engineering.
5. Supervise the planning and coordination of the Mississippi Region V Science and Engineering Fair.
6. Assist with recruiting events as part of the CREATE program.
7. Hire and supervise student workers and camp counselors to staff various outreach activities.
8. Work cooperatively with the Research and Curriculum Unit to Develop and disseminate innovative tools for outreach curriculum enhancement in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
9. Submit grants to funding agencies and private donors to solicit support for educational outreach programs.
10. Represent the college at off-campus events such as alumni events and college fairs.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Engineering.
Master's degree in Engineering, Engineering Education, Computer Science, Science, Mathematics, or in an education field related to these areas and 2-4 years’ experience in a field related to the position.
Experience with primary and secondary education issues
Experience with managing volunteer and/or student workers
Experience with fund raising and/or grant writing experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent administrative, organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills, including experience in supervision
• Well-developed interpersonal, teamwork, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
• Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple tasks.
• Independent self-starter with strong work ethic.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by completing the online application and submitting a cover letter, resume, and complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.