The Associate Athletics Director of Principal Giving for the Bulldog Club will maintain a personal portfolio of leadership and principal gift prospects and employs an aggressive strategic management program to ensure movement along the donor continuum. Leading by example, this role will oversee a team of professional staff and frontline fundraisers along with premium seating, M Club, and Bulldog Suites while reporting directly to the Deputy Athletics Director of Advancement.
As the Bulldog Club strategically positions itself for the future of collegiate athletics, this position will work to assess, plan, develop and execute development and fundraising best practices. This role will work diligently to reach fundraising goals that meet the needs of the Athletics Department and vision of the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics through our STATE of MIND.
Salary Grade: 17
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major and principal gift prospects and corporate sponsors for annual, capital, and endowment programs.
2. Mentor, direct, motivate and serve team members as they work to reach fundraising goals.
3. Oversee Bulldog Club major gifts, premium seating, and M Club efforts.
4. Lead strategic planning initiatives for growth of membership, annual and philanthropic giving with yearly goals to be set and evaluated each year by the Deputy AD and AD.
5. Build a comprehensive and detailed principal giving, planned giving, endowment, and former student-athlete giving programs.
6. Strategically assess funding from other sources including but not limited to Corporations and Foundations.
7. Help set clear direction and priorities for professionals on team and promote excellence through well-defined and measurable goals.
8. Foster a work environment that recognizes and rewards collaboration with colleagues across campus for the best interest of Mississippi State University.
9. Be a champion for inclusion and diversity both internally and externally.
10. Provide structure and guidance necessary to promote high-performance culture that meets the needs and expectations of a successful and diverse alumni community.
11. Audit internal operations related to major gifts, premium seating, and M Club to develop standard procedures and ensure uniformity with established policies.
12. Drive strategy, structure and metrics related to all Bulldog Club revenue growth.
13. Support strategies related to:
a. Name, Image & Likeness
b. Multimedia rights holders (Learfield IMG College)
c. M Club and efforts to engage our former Mississippi State student-athletes
This role will oversee a team of professional staff and frontline fundraisers along with premium seating, M Club, and Bulldog Suites staff.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Relations or related field with five (5) years of related experience.
Master’s degree; seven (7) years of experience in professional fundraising with experience in athletics fundraising preferred. Proven success managing a team of development professionals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with university officials, faculty, prominent alumni, and friends of Mississippi State University, i.e., multiple, and varied constituencies.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to meet travel requirements of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Please attach your Resume and Cover Letter to the Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.