Coordinator, Diversity Initiatives
Job no: 496477
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 391301 - Institutional Diversity & Inclusion
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, plans, and implements diversity and inclusion initiatives and programs.
- Responsible for providing diversity and inclusion outreach programs and initiatives by working with community groups who focus is on underrepresented populations.
- Develops and implement programs that focus on the recruitment and retention of minorities and women.
- Develops and administer diversity trainings and modules for the university community.
- Serves as liaison and collaborator with university committees/commissions engaged in diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Provides professional administrative support for the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a field/discipline appropriate for this position.
2-4 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill in the design and implementation of programming for targeted groups
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute programs and events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to design and implement communication and marketing publications through various media
- Ability to design, develop, and deliver training programs
- Demonstrated strong commitment to enhancing diversity and inclusion understanding at the university
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficulty to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotion issues or stress on a regular basis
- Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, presenting, hearing, handling objects with hands
- Ability to occasionally work weekends and long hours
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application, resume and cover letter at www.hrm.msstate.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend