Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
14 / $40,400
Treasury Services provides cash management services and coordinates credit card transaction processing for the University. The Treasury Services area seeks to insure adequate system controls are in place to protect the University's financial assets, maximize return on investment and provide friendly and efficient services to University faculty, staff, students and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Accepts delivery of monthly bank statements, prepares reconciliation of assigned accounts, reports reconciling items needing corrections and follows up on corrections.
2. Prepares monthly reconciliation of trust accounts, prepares analysis and oversees payment processing on the Educational Building Corporation bond issues to insure accounts and bank statements are in balance.
3. Pulls up daily activity for electronic deposit accounts from Federal Reserve, Distributes information to appropriate personnel for posting, and researches unidentified deposits.
4. Accepts applications for new payroll cards, orders the cards and pins, handles lost or stolen cards and/or pins and acts as liaison between bank and employee in case of problems concerning the payroll cards.
5. Posts credit/debit card transactions to BANNER on a daily basis.
6. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum - Bachelor's degree
Focus - Accounting or a related field
Two years of related experience including personal computer experience.
Substitutions Allowed: Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledgeable of MS Excel, MS Word, Crystal, Banner
2. Well-developed interpersonal, teamwork, verbal and written communication skills
3. Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
4. Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple tasks.
5. Independent self-starter with strong work ethic.
6. Strong customer service skills
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
1. No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
2. Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
3. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Cover letter and resume required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.