Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
The Outreach Coordinator develops and administers outreach opportunities for program participants. This position also provides one-on-one strategies to assist program participants in community involvement and employment activities. This position also promotes and markets the ACCESS (Academics, Campus Life, Community Involvement, Employment Opportunities, Socialization, and Self-Awareness) Program in the state and develop recruitment opportunities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as an academic liaison for college professors, MSU advisors, and student academic tutors.
2. Collaborate with school systems statewide to participate in transition fairs and also to enhance recruitment efforts for students with intellectual disabilities into the ACCESS program.
3. Facilitate student internships and part time employment.
4. Provide information via webinars, workshops, and direct support to school systems in Mississippi on the effective implementation of person-centered planning.
5. Work closely with relevant agencies such as the Mississippi Department of Rehabilitation Services, Mississippi Department of Human Services, Mississippi Council on Developmental Disabilities, the Institute for Disability Studies, Disability Rights Mississippi, and Mississippi Department of Mental Health to support successful transition out of the program and into the workforce.
6. Promote employment for people with intellectual disabilities in the state of Mississippi.
7. Create a post-graduation support and assessment system for ACCESS students to monitor the efficacy of the program.
Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years experience
Master's degree and experience in Higher Education
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of web programming, photography and social media.
2. Knowledge of recruiting strategies.
3. Ability to pay attention to details.
4. Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
5. Ability to use a variety of database and spreadsheet programs
6. Strong technological skills
7. Comfortable with multi-tasking and meeting stringent deadlines
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
1. No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
2. Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
3. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Position contingent upon funding availability
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.