Human Resources Record Analyst
Job no: 495439
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 460300 - Human Resources Management
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assure security and confidentiality, and make decisions pertinent to records according to university policy, government regulations and/or compliance issues.
2. Greet visitors in person or on the phone, providing customer service with advice and guidance regarding the records process; may refer customers to appropriate department or university site and sensitive inquiries to supervisor.
3. Develop and coordinate procedures to maintain accurate personnel files and associated materials for all university employees.
4. Verify files for required documents and contact departments and/or employees to obtain missing materials.
5. Review incoming documents and distribute according to established records management procedures.
6. Process and enter data into Banner according to department and university procedures.
7. Dispose of obsolete documents in accordance with established retirement schedules, university policies and/or legal requirements.
8. Assist the HR management in examining and/or researching employee files to answer inquiries and provide information to authorized persons.
9. Implement various Human Resources special projects as directed.
10. Coordinate the development and maintenance of the HRM imaging system.
11. Prepare required paperwork to purchase official transcripts for faculty as needed.
12. Responsible for working with investigative agencies to provide information for background checks, investigations and/or audits.
13. Perform quality control of data entry into Banner.
14. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Four years of records management experience or closely related experience.
3. Verbal and written communication skills.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by the Human Resources Department.
1. Specific training in the records management field.
2. Work experience in a University environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Records maintenance skills. Ability to verify data input and correct errors. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word documents.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
1. No unusual physical requirements.
2. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
3. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
4. Job requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
5. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
6. Hearing requirements: Heavy telephone contact requires ability to hear and respond to telephone conversations.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online and attach a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend