Certification Information Specialist
Job no: 495655
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 053900 - Off of Clin/Field-based Instruction
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A. TEACHING INTERNSHIP:
- Conduct screening process for teaching internship applicants (includes evaluation of transcripts, student files, knowledge of programs, and knowledge of BANNER and CAPPS to retrieve transcripts, grades, and other program information) as it relates to licensure and endorsements.
- Maintain database for teacher interns and superintendents/school districts for each semester.
- Work with Director to determine placement requests that will be submitted to school districts.
- Consult with school districts (superintendents, principals, and other officials) to discuss initial placement requests, make necessary changes throughout semester, and provide information related to placement procedures.
- Organize and submit internship placement materials and information to school districts to be distributed to appropriate school officials.
- Provide eligible internship applicants with information regarding placements, dates for internship, and other important information.
- Compile teaching internship directory and make changes to directory as they occur through semester.
- Maintain confirmation directory of placement assignments by school districts.
- Process stipends for all classroom mentor teachers for supervision and training.
- Work with Coordinator to develop materials for teaching internship program, including compiling, printing, and distributing Teaching Internship Handbook, teaching internship calendar, application materials, internship evaluation forms, internship reports, supervisor report, and materials for school districts and classroom mentor teachers.
- Develop materials for teaching internship program, including compiling, printing, and distributing Teaching Internship Handbook, teaching internship calendar, internship evaluation forms, internship reports, supervisor reports, and materials for schools districts and classroom mentor teachers.
- Consult with school districts (superintendents, principals, and other officials) to obtain all field experience placements, work with faculty to arrange placements, and maintain a database of all placements for each course that has a field experience component, both graduate and undergraduate level.
- Process travel for university supervisors.
- Maintain completer spreadsheets updating with scores as teacher interns report scores.
- Maintain teacher intern paper files in the OCFBI office.
- Respond to OCFBI emails and mail daily
- Maintain student and faculty demographics spreadsheets for each academic year.
- Provide technical information, assistance and consultation to students, faculty, school district personnel, Meridian Campus personnel, and others seeking information about teacher education/licensure programs and alternate route licensure programs.
- Function as a liaison with licensure applications, the public, and the Office of Educator Licensure at the Mississippi Department of Education concerning licensure matters through working with the director.
- Evaluate transcripts to determine requirements, qualifications, and eligibility for licensure.
- Maintain current up-to-date records and database of licensure activities.
- Facilitate interest and knowledge of teacher education/licensure programs by providing current licensure information to the public and retaining awareness of continual changes in licensure requirements.
- Provide institutional program verification to applicants who are eligible for licensure in Mississippi and/or other states.
- Consult with other College of Education departments, the Office of Educator Licensure at the Mississippi Department of Education, and licensure applicants when licensure questions arise.
- Perform duties as requested by the Director (e.g., work with grants, presentations, article submissions, annual reports, meetings, etc.)
- Collect information from a variety of sources to transmit to the Director and others as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field; 2 years relevant work experience.
Master’s Degree in one of the disciplines in education with knowledge of P-12 Licensure, Approved Courses for Secondary Schools in Mississippi, and Mississippi Student Information System codes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work well with faculty, staff, students, and senior administrators;
- Personal and professional integrity;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to manage time well and to multi-task;
- Flexibility (able to respond to requests for information on short notice);
- Ability to use technology to enhance administrative tasks.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend