Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Mississippi State University Foundation raises funds and support for Mississippi State University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans, implements and manages year-round telefunding solicitation schedule as part of Annual Giving's communication calendar.
2. Works closely with the director of annual giving, staff assistant, and information services staff to develop data queries, segmentation strategies and goals for each segment. Collaborates in data quality projects.
3. Oversees nightly management of the Bulldog Calling Center which includes supervising and attending nightly and weekend shifts until 10:00 pm.
4. Produces and distributes daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to the director of annual giving, and other Foundation staff.
5. Recruits, hires, and manages a staff of approximately 60 student callers and student managers. Coordinates work schedules for callers. Recruits, trains and works closely with student caller supervisors.
6. Develops and enforces policies and procedures for student employees and establishes nightly group and individual caller goals. Designs creative incentive programs to motivate callers and provides quarterly and annual employee performance evaluations and expectations.
7. Develops training materials and conducts caller training courses. Monitors student callers for quality, and provides regular feedback to ensure that callers understand and convey material (and responds to issues that may arise) appropriately when on the phones. Provides quarterly and annual employee evaluations based on performance expectations.
8. Writes telefunding scripts for different segments and constituencies and manages pre- and post-call direct mail and/or electronic communications to build the telephone response.
9. Manages the automated calling system software. This includes working with software provider to troubleshoot problems and the university's IT staff to load and segment data.
10. Maintains consistent communication between the Annual Giving department and student callers.
11. Works with MSU Foundation staff in Gift Administration, Communication, and Donor Relations to follow up as needed with pledge/gift entry and pledge reminder systems.
12. Responsible for all expense reporting and budget monitoring for the Bulldog Calling Center portion of the Annual Giving budget. Maintains office supplies for calling center.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position supervises student workers.
The above essential duties are representative of major duties of this position. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
Bachelor's degree in Communication, Marketing or related field.
One year experience.
Previous call center experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- No unusual physical requirements.
- Requires limited lifting of files and records, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Frequent externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
- Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Please provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.