Admissions & Enrollment Assistant
Job no: 495863
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 098800 - Office of the Graduate School
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of graduate academic programs' admissions applications, approximately 1000 domestic and international applicants annually.
- Process incoming applications for graduate admission to the University.
- Understand, communicate, and apply university-level, college-level, and department-level policies related to graduate admissions, including but not limited to academic requirements, English Language Proficiency requirements, application deadlines, admissions classifications, etc.
- Prioritize tasks to ensure all applications are being processed in a fair and timely manner.
- Evaluate transcripts; calculate grade point averages; evaluate courses on transcripts to determine admission eligibility.
- Confer with students, sponsoring agencies, and University departments through oral and written communication regarding admission procedures, policies, and related matters.
- Verify authenticity and acceptability of application materials.
- Routinely monitor applicant packets and issue reminders to applicants regarding missing materials.
- Disburse applications and related information to academic departments and colleges.
- Liaise with academic departments, particularly faculty graduate coordinators and department heads, regarding application reviews and final admissions decisions.
- Prepare and mail (electronic and/or hard copy) admission materials to prospective students, including notification of final admissions decisions.
- Maintain electronic admissions records, via Banner and Xtender.
- Assist with reviews of admissions processes, training manuals, and communication materials and provide recommendations for improvements and enhancements.
- Assist with training workshops for academic units, providing training on admissions policies, processes, and best practices.
- May provide leadership in routine admissions functions.
- Assist the Graduate Enrollment Management Team, including the Dean of the Graduate School, with a variety of student recruitment and enrollment initiatives, such as development of recruitment materials, websites and social media, enrollment data reports, recruitment events, and managing groups of graduate students involved with activities.
- Represent the Graduate School at conferences, meetings, and other official programs.
- Perform related admissions and enrollment management duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree. Previous experience operating various work processing software. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, prior experience in an academic setting is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills, including experience in supervision
- Well-developed interpersonal, teamwork, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple tasks.
- Independent self-starter with strong work ethic.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Frequent – External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
- No unusual physical requirements. Nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
- Job occasionally requires standing, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend