Job no: 495877
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 184000 - CVM Clinical Science Department
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in transporting patients to and from the operating room.
- Assist in positioning patients for procedure(s) to be performed.
- Prepare operative site including supplies, instruments, and equipment according to routine for a given procedure and following general aseptic techniques.
- Observe patient during procedure for changes in condition.
- Assist with bandaging at the completion of the procedure.
- Accompany patient to recovery room and assist as needed.
- Assist with clean-up following the surgical procedure.
- Obtain and care for specimens and cultures as directed.
- Perform specialized procedures as requested.
- Administer medication, treatments, and other therapeutic procedures to patients.
- Prepare appropriate portion of reports and forms.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Completion of an accredited school of nursing or accredited veterinary technical program which includes surgical nursing in its curriculum.
Three months of experience as operating room nurse.
Licensed to practice as registered nurse or practical nurse or certified to practice as veterinary technician.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Education and experience beyond the minimum requirement.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend