Director of Player Development
Job no: 495975
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 890105 - Athletics - Football
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist coaches with at-risk players.
2. Serves as liaison with law enforcement and assist players with all legal issues.
3. Serves as Financial Aid liaison (monitors holds and fines).
4. Serves as coaches’ clinic director.
5. Develops relationship with all high school and junior college coaches; speak with every in state coach minimum of two times a year and encourage coaches to attend football camps and clinics.
6. Prioritize all prospects on film and on all recruiting lists.
7. Assist with all summer camps.
8. Coordinates staff recruiting test.
9. Responsible for speaking engagements for the football office.
10. Coordinates and assist all walk-ons.
11. Serves as former player liaison; sends quarterly mail outs; coordinates campus receptions.
12. Serves as NFL liaison; send letters regarding open practice times; film set-up and pro-day information.
13. Responsible for tickets for players and coaches.
14. Serves as administrative staff compliance liaison.
15. Performs related duties assigned by Head Coach or Assistant Athletic Director.
Bachelor's degree in related field with two (2) years of NCAA Division I experience. Salary commensurate with experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of NCAA and SEC rules and regulations.
2. Ability to travel extensively.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires occasional or light lifting; nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Frequent - Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job occasionally requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
• Job occasionally requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
• Ability to travel extensively.
Instructions for Applying:
Attach Resume and cover letter with three (3) references including phone numbers and email addresses.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend