Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides outreach and education to stakeholders about NGI's research portfolio.
2. Provides education to stakeholders about NGI's advanced cyberinfrastructure.
3. Delivers outreach and education of funded NGI researchers and potential collaborators about NGI’s research portfolio and advanced cyberinfrastructure.
4. Performs outreach and education to high school and college students about NGI’s mission, vision, purpose, and research accomplishments.
5. Provides outreach to Minority Service Institutions and Historical Black Universities, especially those that are a part of NOAA’s CSC program.
6. Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Geosciences, Computer Science, or related field with two years of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to pay attention to details.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach a cover letter, resume, and copy of transcript(s).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.