Job no: 496117
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 320100 - General Library
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
The University Libraries provide their communities of users an ongoing, creative and technologically advanced library program.
Area of Specialization:
Digital Media Center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a vital member of the Digital Media Center team, focusing on management, development and promotion of our multimedia lab, and development and promotion of our new mixed reality lab
- Offer one-on-one assistance in both labs
- Create and edit video projects for the Library; oversee equipment checkout for the University’s Broadcasting program
- Assist in the development and management of a TV station, One Button Studio, and several audio recording booths
- Assist in training student lab assistants
- Continue to learn new software and emerging technology trends in academic research libraries and higher education; and teach workshops on Digital Media Center supported software and technology trends.
- Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that all lab equipment, including computers, scanners, software, etc., are in good working order, performing routine troubleshooting and reporting issues that need to be addressed by the Library’s Systems Department
- Making recommendations for purchase of new equipment, upgrades and new configurations of equipment and facilities relating to instruction and teaching
- Working on projects as assigned by the Digital Media Center Coordinator
B.S./B.A. degree in a technology related field, Communication, Film, Art, or other related field, and a minimum of two years’ demonstrable experience in a variety of software including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat; web and video editing software including Premier, Final Cut and more; GIS related software; as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Library experience; instruction experience; higher education experience; supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess excellent skills using the latest technologies on both PCs and Macs
- Possess a familiarity with mobile devices (eg iPads, eReaders, Android tablets)
- Possess a familiarity with 3-D printing and laser cutters
- Possess a familiarity with augmented and virtual reality systems
- Possess the ability to work effectively and communicate with a diverse population of students, staff and faculty
- Possess the ability to work effectively under pressure in a busy and demanding environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and show initiative
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Exhibit a continuing commitment to professional development and growth
- Demonstrate a desire to be a team player and work for the good of the Digital Media Center and University Libraries
- Have the ability to balance quality and productivity
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Some nights and weekends will apply.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and submit a cover letter and resume along with the names of three work references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend