Associate Dean and Professor
Job no: 496203
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 038800 - College of Arts & Sciences
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Anticipated Appointment Date:
November 1, 2017
Tenure Track Status:
Applicants must be tenured to be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of student records maintenance for the College;
- Responsibility for the evaluation of transcripts for entering students and for certification of graduate requirements for graduates;
- Oversight of academic policies for all degree programs and for granting exceptions to such policies;
- Responsibility for coordination of student advising in the College;
- Responsibility for the annual revision of materials for the university catalog;
- Coordination of student recruiting;
- Supervision of the curriculum process;
- Service on the Council of Associate Deans and acting as liason with the Office of the Provost;
- Coordinator of summer orientations;
- Coordination of summer school;
- Coordination of the scholarship programs for the College, including all departments;
- Monitor course schedules and corresponding Instructional budgets.
The applicant must be a tenured member of a department within the College of Arts & Sciences at Mississippi State University and should hold the rank of Professor with the demonstrated interest in and some experience with curricular matters and student advising.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply through www.msujobs.msstate.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend