The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering is one of eight academic departments in the Bagley College of Engineering. The Department offers an ABET-accredited bachelor's program in Industrial Engineering as well as master's and doctoral degrees. The undergraduate enrollment is 171 students, and the graduate enrollment is 31 master's students and 67 doctoral students. The website is www.ise.msstate.edu
Area of Specialization:
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2018
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are illustrations of the various duties assigned to this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those duties from the position if the work is a logical assignment of the position.
1. Teach undergraduate and graduate courses.
2. Serve as an academic advisor to graduate and undergraduate students.
3. Expand the knowledge base of Industrial and Systems Engineering by conducting resesarch.
4. Supervise research of graduate students.
5. Develop and sustain a strong, externally sponsored research program.
6. Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in archival journals referred by his/her peers.
7. Provide service to the Department, College, and University.
8. Pursue scholarly and professional activities that will keep him/her at the leading edge of Industrial and Systems Engineering.
Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering or closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Rank commensurate with experience and qualifications.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Professional registration, or ability to qualify for registration. Previous teaching experience.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by attaching a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.