Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The position will have a strong emphasis on computational science and engineering research as related to systems engineering and its applications. Specifically, the areas of application are reliability, manufacturability, and big data.
2. Provide technical leadership in one or more of the areas of application and associated technologies listed above.
3. Initiate research activities in reliability, manufacturability, and/or big data. Other areas of interest include product life cycle costs, risk, reliability and resilience applications of systems engineering.
4. Tasks include developing and executing high performance computing codes for a variety of military and civilian applications.
5. Develop and enhance relationships with federal, state, local and private partners to the fullest extent possible, forming collaboration and coordinating relationships resulting in research and development activities.
6. Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in archival journals refereed by his/her peers.
7. Serve as academic advisor to graduate and undergraduate students.
8. Pursue scholarly and professional interests which will keep his/her expertise at the leading edge of engineering practice through continuing professional duties.
Every person employed by the University is expected to meet high standards of professional integrity, collegiality and objectivity, and to further the goals of his/her unit(s) and the University. In addition, a person of research rank must have an appropriate degree, or its equivalent in training and experience; a strong commitment to higher education, and in particular to the mission of Mississippi State University; and a willingness to assume the responsibilities and obligations appropriate to a professional or faculty university employee.
In addition, the following is appropriate at this level.
To begin as an Assistant Research Professor:
The candidate will need a terminal degree in a field relevant to the ISER mission or STEM related area, who possesses the potential for successful performance in research activity or creative achievement in a university environment and can contribute to the service of the unit, university, and/or profession.
To begin as an Associate Research Professor:
The candidate who has met the criteria for Assistant Research Professor and has consistently demonstrated an ability to perform at a level of excellence appropriate for the rank in research activity or creative achievement and can contribute to the service of the unit, university, and/or profession.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your transcript(s).
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.