Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
National Strategic Planning & Analysis Research Center (NSPARC) conducts research and creates customized solutions in areas of economic, workforce, business, and community development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create wireframes based on software use cases and functional requirements using tools like Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, and Lucid Chart.
3. Design and Code mobile applications using Objective-C, Swift, or Android SDK.
4. Work with software architects, senior developers, and programmer/analysts to create mobile and web applications by helping them to enforce consistency and adherence to frontend design and usability standards.
5. Effectively communicate with graphic designer, user experience designer, software architects, senior developers, programmer/analysts, customers, and project managers.
6. Present or demonstrate mobile and web applications to stakeholders, executive team, and prospective clients. Work with user experience designer to create training materials and how-to videos demonstrating software.
7. Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related field; two years of experience as a software developer, frontend developer, mobile developer, programmer, or member of a software team. No substitution allowed.
Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize and organize work to achieve stated goals; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; good understanding of user interaction; ability to work independently and collaboratively; ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus; ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment; ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems; must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Demonstrated experience in creating iOS or Android application and submitting to appropriate App Store for approval.
Demonstrated ability to create high-quality wireframes and realistic application mockups using Sketch or Adobe Illustrator.
Demonstrated ability to code adaptive and valid CSS/HTML by hand using frameworks such as Bootstrap.
Ability to customize and compile CSS using SASS or LESS.
Ability to build and modify Java/Spring web applications.
Ability to understand and interact with REST web services.
Ability to use the Unix command line for basic tasks.
Some familiarity with Angular.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants should complete an application and upload a cover letter and current resume. Applicants should also submit two letters of recommendation (mailed by writers under separate cover), an official transcript for terminal degree and terminal diploma (provide English translation if necessary).
Address all supporting materials and reference letters to:
Chair, User Interface Developer Selection Committee
National Strategic Planning & Analysis Research Center
P.O. Box 6027
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Please email all queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.