Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing with the overall marketing and advertising of Mississippi State Athletics.
2. Assist the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing with season ticket campaigns as well as the coordination/implementation of promotions and events surrounding revenue sports.
3. Responsible for the advertising, collateral coordination, and entertainment/promotions for home games for sports as assigned.
4. Oversee Maroon Memories fan experience program to meet revenue generation targets and goals while creating a strong gameday experience for fans.
5. Oversee all aspects of the “Bully” mascot program, including: meeting revenue generation targets and goals, managing the tryouts process, and coordinating and scheduling mascot appearances.
6. Oversee and coordinate the student internship program, including recruiting, scheduling and training a team of approximately 50 undergraduate students to accomplish marketing and fan engagement duties.
7. Serve as marketing liaison for student-athlete community service and promotional activities.
8. Serve as marketing liaison for Greek Life, Center for Student Activities, and other campus and student organizations.
9. Manage community outreach efforts to promote marketing programs to the Golden Triangle community.
10. Coordinate with the Assistant Athletic Director and local community organizations on the planning and execution of special events, including: Football Fan Day, summer orientation, Central MS Summer Extravaganza, Homecoming festivities, New South Weekends, and Super Bulldog Weekend.
11. Oversee the scheduling and coordination of National Anthems, special guests, and halftime entertainment for both men’s and women’s home basketball games and other similar special events.
12. Coordinate with Assistant Athletic Director on execution of in-game sponsorship elements via Learfield for assigned sports to create fun and engaging in-game atmospheres for fans and student athletes.
13. Coordinate all on-field game presentation efforts for Mississippi State Football.
14. Assist in the creation and execution of special presentations and recognitions delivered by members of the athletic staff.
15. Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Marketing or related field with two (2) years of directly related experience to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Master’s Degree w/two (2) to three (3) years of experience in collegiate athletic marketing, or related field; proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Proficient in Microsoft Office
2. Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
3. Highly organized and ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
4. Strong initiative to solve problems
5. Extraordinary focus on customer service
6. Willing to work in a team atmosphere where expectations are set and managed while giving staff flexibility to do their assigned task as both a leader and/or a follower
7. Ability to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.